SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The global industrial hemp market size is expected to reach USD 15.26 billion by 2027, exhibiting a revenue-based CAGR of 15.8% over the forecast period, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing preference for eco-friendly products in thermal insulation, coupled with rising use of the product as fiberglass alternative is expected to drive the growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Seeds segment accounted for 27.3% of the value share in 2019 owing to extensive application of the product in pharmaceuticals, nutritional supplements and other medicinal and therapeutic products
- The demand for industrial hemp in personal care industry is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.8% in terms of revenue from 2020 to 2027 as it reduces skin discomfort by soothing and restoring dry or damaged skin
- Animal care industry accounted for 14.9% of revenue share in 2019 owing to the growing consumption of hemp shives and leaves in animal bedding due to its low dust properties which makes it highly beneficial for animals facing respiratory issues
- The North America industrial hemp market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 20.4% from 2020 to 2027 in terms of value owing to the legalization of hemp production coupled with the rising demand in the food and supplements, cosmetics, and personal care industries
- Parkland Industrial Hemp Growers Cooperative Ltd. and Terra Tech Crop are some of the major players in the market involved in R&D activities to develop different varieties of industrial hemp
Read 122 page research report with ToC on “Industrial Hemp Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Seeds, Fiber, Shives), By Application (Animal Care, Textiles, Food & Beverages, Personal Care), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027” at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/industrial-hemp-market/
Rising consumer preference for green buildings owing to increasing environment pollution is expected to drive the demand for hemp-based construction materials in the forthcoming years. In addition, rising consumption of hempcretes-a concrete made from shives and lime-in Europe is expected to further propel the demand for industrial hemp over the forecast period.
Factors, such as rising awareness regarding the dietary advantages of hempseed and oil, coupled with growing demand from the cosmetics and personal care industries for production of soaps, shampoo, bath gels, and other such products is expected to drive the growth. In addition, use of hemp oil in hand and body lotions and UV skin protectors owing to the high and well-balanced fatty acid content of hemp, is expected to surge the demand.
The market growth is expected to be driven by the factors, such as population growth, coupled with rising per capita disposable income leading to an increased demand for high-quality cosmetics and personal care products. In addition, rise in application scope for hemp in automotive industry is expected to drive the growth of the industrial hemp market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global industrial hemp market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Industrial Hemp Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Industrial Hemp Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Animal Care
- Food & Beverages
- Construction Materials
- Personal care
- Industrial Hemp Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Food Additives & Nutricosmetics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Native Collagen Market – Increasing demand for the product in cosmetics formulations owing to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-aging properties is expected to fuel the native collagen market growth.
- Curcumin Market – Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of curcumin make it an ideal ingredient in several food and medical applications. The market is expected to witness significant growth in light of growing consumer awareness regarding the aforementioned therapeutic properties.
- Carmine Market – Increasing demand from food and beverage industry owing to its unique red color is the primary market driver. Unavailability of substitutes is expected to drive product demand in the forthcoming years.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.